Wednesday, February 20, 2008

English Lab blog entry

So, being on my own is pretty tough. I mean technically I'm not really on my own. My parents pay for my tuition and housing and groceries. But still, this semester is a huge adjustment. Last semester I was only three hours away from my house. I could still go home whenever I wanted too. Also I had a meal plan so the whole cooking thing wasn't an issue. You never realize how much goes into laundry, grocery shopping, cooking, and cleaning until you are doing it all yourself.
It's so crazy. In my apartment if I don't grocery shop then I don;t have any doritos to eat and if I don't do my laundry then I have smelly clothes. It's so easy to think all that stuff just GET'S DONE when you're at home. Instead of the fact that people have to exert allot of effort to keep the house running. Grocery shopping is a fine science. I mean they have so many things that you can buy that are ready made, just pop it in the oven. But little things like salt and stuff get forgotten. Either I buy way to much and things get yucky, or I run out of things. I feel like this stuff will eventually become routine and not be such a big deal. Then I can look back at this no salt/clean socks period and laugh. Let's hope that comes sooner rather than later.

No comments: